Women's Career Development Program Goals & Mission Statement
The purpose of the Career Development Center is to help end the cycles of homelessness and poverty through long term employment.
- G.E.D. Training
- Computer Literacy
- Educational Guidance
- Job Training
- Career Counseling
- Job Advocacy
Our hope is that we can teach these women how to "fish" instead of how to "just receive". Instilling in them life-long skills that will allow them to support themselves and their families.
How does the Women's Career Development Program work?
- The ladies entering into the Career Development Center program are tested and evaluated resulting in appropriate goals being set to meet their educational needs.
- Each lady is given a very thorough interest profiler assessment which identifies their strongest work-related interests. As a result they will explore a myriad of occupations that meet their interest in great detail with the online program through Arizona Career Information System.The student now has a long term goal for which to reach.
- Employment assessments are done through the Arizona Career Information System which has a thorough assessment testing in many areas to help identify interests and skills.
- Students will become computer literate through Microsoft Office Training 2010 teaching Word, PowerPoint and Excel. We also teach typing (using Mavis Beacon).
- Students also obtain their credit reports and are encouraged to work with our legal counsel if necessary. We identify areas that will hinder their getting housing and prioritize it to pay it off when in Re-entry.
- GED preparation is now done in Re-entry so that we can equip them for employment to support themselves upon completion of the Recovery Program.