Required: minimum high school diploma or GED; minimum of 3 years of experience in customer and personal services; administrative and clerical processes; telephone switchboards and electronic equipment. Required Skills: proficient in computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, ability to multi-task, organized, follow instructions, strong communication and listening, problem solving and interpersonal relationship. Awareness of homelessness, substance abuse use disorders and/or mental health issues a plus. Bilingual/Spanish a plus.
(The nature of physical effort leading to physical fatigue) Caring for guest(s) can be physically demanding. This individual will be sitting, standing, walking, lifting and pushing. This individual will be expected to clean and maintain equipment and facility, and will move throughout the community with guest(s). This individual will come in contact with guest(s) who are ill and/or contagious, and must take precautions to ensure their health and safety
(Conditions that may lead to mental or emotional fatigue) Caring for guest(s) is stressful. This individual must ensure that guest(s) are supervised at all times, and that guest(s) are involved in safe and appropriate activities. At times there will be a number of situations happening at once and this individual must be prepared to handle accidents and emergencies at any time.
Full-time non-exempt 40 hours per week; eligible for benefits; eligible for paid time off
Responsibilities and Duties
Guest Services (80%)
- Answer incoming calls related to Women’s and Men’s Shelter
- Provide information, schedule appointments and take messages
- Warmly greet and triage phone guests to determine services needed or assistance requested and direct guests to appropriate staff, other GRM facilities, other social services agencies, churches, ministries, legal services providers, mental health or medical services providers
- Monitor bed availability – prescreen potential guests and reserve beds as appropriate
- Document as directed any pertinent information regarding guests/students in Mission Tracker and other data bases as needed
- Provide information to supervisor by email, telephone, in written form or in person
Center Store & Clothing Room (10%)
- Enter all completed Community Service tasks and points into Mission Tracker
- Track guest/student points to ensure required point value is met weekly
- Be available to guests to allow point redemption in the Center Store
- Be available to guests by appointment to assist in choosing professional clothing for interview/employment opportunities
- Provide weekly reports as directed
- Attend Staff Meetings, and other meetings as directed
- Attend professional trainings and networking opportunities as directed by supervisor
- Cover for staff or volunteer absences as directed by supervisor
- Respond to email in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
Gospel Rescue Mission is a 501 (c) (3) not-for-profit religious organization that provides social service programs to the homeless and working poor populations. Everything we do in this ministry should be centered in the will of God and in honoring the name of Jesus Christ.
Employees of Gospel Rescue Mission Choose To Participate in our Grace Based Environment by:
- Role modeling Christ-like attributes and values through our personal actions, words, and attitudes.
- Maintaining a safe, transparent, and healing environment that is based on Grace, Truth, and Love, and encourages trust and authenticity without fear.
- Embracing the accountability process, that leads to self-evaluation personally and for guests and students.
- Teaching and mentoring students and guests in every opportunity by using Biblical precepts.
- Building healthy, loving, and compassionate relationships with guests, students, and staff, without partiality while establishing healthy and safe boundaries.
- Maintaining a personal lifestyle of integrity, honesty, and responsibility.
- Praying with guests, students, and staff.
- Agreeing in principle and in practice with the statements of Vision, Mission and Values of the Gospel Rescue Mission of Tucson.
It is the policy of Gospel Rescue Mission to complete a background check, drug test and motor vehicle authorization on applicants in the conditional offer stage.