Preferred bachelor degree, required minimum of 2 years of experience in case management, social work, counseling, emergency shelter, or related field; knowledge of local resources; interpersonal relationship skills; organization, leadership and supervisory skills; flexibility; evangelical Christian
Special Skills Required:
Working knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel software, ability to use web-based human management software, ability to monitor, operate & troubleshoot office equipment including security systems (cameras & gates)
(The nature of physical effort leading to physical fatigue) Caring for guests can be physically demanding. This Individual will be lifting and carrying bags and equipment, and will spend time sitting at a desk or walking, lifting and pushing. This Individual will be expected to clean and maintain equipment and facility, and will move throughout the community with guests. This Individual will come in contact with guests who are ill and/or contagious, and must take precautions to ensure the health and safety of all guests, staff and themselves.
The population we serve are typically in crisis. This can cause emotional stress and compassion fatigue. GRM highly promotes employee self-care.
Full time; exempt; eligible for benefits; eligible for paid time off
Oversee the daily operation of Guest Services, Facilities Manager, On Call and Children Services employees. Ensure adherence of assigned employees to mission, philosophy and policies/procedures of WCC. Establish and build healthy Christ honoring relationships with guests, volunteers and visitors, while maintaining professional boundaries including client confidentiality. Pray with, advise and direct the efforts of guests relating to spiritual, personal and program needs. Provide crisis intervention, de-escalation techniques and conflict resolution as needed.
Responsibilities and Duties
Client Services (45%)
- Lead guests and into our Grace Based accountability process, and embrace the process personally.
- Complete Guests Intakes & Exits, including all documentation and paperwork
- Update HMIS, in house forms and records, and Federal Home Loan (FHL) Bank grant paperwork
- Support guest success in regards to attendance in classes, community service and other scheduled appointments
- Attend guests meetings and facilitate as requested
- Participate in group outings and other special events
Children Services (45%)
- Oversee Children Services program – including creation, implementation and monitoring of all services
- Provide appropriate support for mentally, emotionally, academically or physically challenged children
- Communicate and collaborate with outside agencies as needed for guest advocacy and child case management
- Enlist outside agency speakers and other services/resources for children and parents
- Collaborate with other Children Services’ staff in the creation and preparation of daily/weekly/monthly lesson and activity plans
- In collaboration with Children’s Services Lead Teacher, conduct intakes and service planning with each child, reviewing their plan regularly, entering all information into data base and maintaining appropriate guest files.
- Receive weekly reports from Children’s Services Lead Teacher– to include each child’s attendance, successes and challenges, progress in program and interactions with/observations of mother
- In collaboration with WCC Director and HR, participate in interviewing, hiring, training, supervising, and evaluating work performance of assigned employees
- Ensure assigned employees are following required procedures and policies
- Lead Department team meetings and trainings as needed
- Work with Coordinator team to develop activities, lead meetings or trainings, and share On-call responsibilities as directed
- Interview and provide orientation, training, supervision, support and scheduling of volunteers to assist as appropriate
- Attend Staff Meetings, and other meetings as directed
- Attend professional trainings and networking opportunities as directed
- Manage your employee web based time and attendance records
- Other duties as assigned
Gospel Rescue Mission is a 501 (c) 3 not-for-profit religious organization that provides social service programs to the homeless and working poor populations. Everything we do in this ministry should be centered in the will of God and in honoring the name of Jesus Christ.
Employees of Gospel Rescue Mission Choose To Participate in our Grace Based Environment by:
- Role modeling Christ-like attributes and values through our personal actions, words, and attitudes.
- Maintaining a safe, transparent, and healing environment that is based on Grace, Truth, and Love, and encourages trust and authenticity without fear.
- Embracing the accountability process, that leads to self-evaluation personally and for guests and students.
- Teaching and mentoring students and guests in every opportunity by using Biblical precepts.
- Building healthy, loving, and compassionate relationships with guests, students, and staff while establishing healthy and safe boundaries.
- Maintaining a personal lifestyle of integrity, honesty, and responsibility.
- Praying with guests, students, and staff.
- Agreeing in principle and in practice with the statements of Vision, Mission and Values of the Gospel Rescue Mission of Tucson.
It is the policy of Gospel Rescue Mission to complete a background check, drug test and motor vehicle authorization on applicants in the conditional offer stage.