Required: minimum high school diploma or GED; minimum 3 years of experience in customer service; proficient multitasking, prioritizing, organizational, and computer skills; and ability to follow instructions. Bilingual English/Spanish a plus. Awareness of homelessness, substance abuse disorders and mental health issues a plus. Must be evangelical Christian, living a life dedicated to Christ, and able to an instrument of God’s love, grace, hope and forgiveness to everyone.
Lift and carry heavy bags and equipment. Spend time standing or sitting at a desk, or walking, lifting, and pushing for extended periods of time. Keep workstations and work area clean. Move throughout the center with guests. Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
The population we serve are typically in crisis. This can cause emotional stress and compassion fatigue. GRM highly promotes employee self-care.
Full-time exempt 40 hours per week; eligible for benefits; eligible for paid time off
*Anticipate Flexible Schedules
Responsibilities & Duties
Guest Services (100%)
Under the management of the Guest Services Coordinator, our Guest Services Team supports our guests by walking them through the process of moving from homelessness to self-sufficiency. This includes providing information, answering questions, and responding to requests to help ensure their needs are met in accordance with the services offered at Gospel Rescue Mission.
- Warmly greet all guests, volunteers, staff, and visitors
- Establish and build healthy Christ-honoring relationships with guests, volunteers, and staff
- Triage guests to determine services needed or assistance requested and assist as needed or direct guests to appropriate staff
- Screen potential guests and assist with intake and documentation during shift
- Conduct inspection of guests’ belongings every time they enter
- Document any interactions, concerns, or other pertinent information regarding guests into General Log
- Manage Guest Services environment during shift (security, phones, check-ins, etc.) and secure and lock facilities when appropriate
- Respond to emails and voice mails in a timely manner
- Conduct evening bed checks
- Provide weekly reports as directed
- Other duties as assigned
As Directed or Appropriate
- Pray with guests
- Call for emergency assistance
- Aid with the provision of transportation
- Provide crisis intervention and conflict resolution
- Assist with guests’ medication check-in and daily distribution
- Assist and oversee guests’ exit interviews
- Conduct facility tours with new guests
- Supervise guests doing community service
- Respond to and handle emergency needs (medical, emotional, physical)
- Update staff, coordinator, and director
- Monitor distribution of clothing, hygiene, and other supplies
- Oversee guests curfew and lights out times, and other schedules
- Conduct breathalyzer tests and UAs; follow through with documenting results; and email results to guest advocate, coordinator, and director
- Assist as requested in thorough daily and weekly room/dorm checks, and provide instruction and guidance
- Attend staff meeting, community meetings, or other meetings as directed
- Attend professional trainings and networking opportunities as directed
- Become familiar with the Genesis Process and utilize those tools in support of guests
- Personally participate in the grace-based accountability process, and lead guests and team members in the same
Gospel Rescue Mission is a 501 (c) (3) not-for-profit religious organization that provides social service programs to the homeless and working poor populations. Everything we do in this ministry should be centered in the will of God and in honoring the name of Jesus Christ.
Employees of Gospel Rescue Mission Choose To Participate in our Grace Based Environment by:
- Role modeling Christ-like attributes and values through our personal actions, words, and attitudes.
- Maintaining a safe, transparent, and healing environment that is based on Grace, Truth, and Love, and encourages trust and authenticity without fear.
- Embracing the accountability process, that leads to self-evaluation personally and for guests and students.
- Teaching and mentoring students and guests in every opportunity by using Biblical precepts.
- Building healthy, loving, and compassionate relationships with guests, students, and staff, without partiality while establishing healthy and safe boundaries.
- Maintaining a personal lifestyle of integrity, honesty, and responsibility.
- Praying with guests, students, and staff.
- Agreeing in principle and in practice with the statements of mission, vision, and values of Gospel Rescue Mission of Tucson.
It is the policy of Gospel Rescue Mission to complete a background check, drug test, and motor vehicle authorization on applicants in the conditional offer stage.