Minimum high school diploma or GED; clean driving record; box truck driving experience; must be able to lift 50 pounds solo; good interpersonal skills; organized; able to follow instructions; evangelical Christian.
Ability to frequently lift, carry, push/pull, stand/sit/walk, handle and lift. (The nature of physical effort leading to physical fatigue) Driving can be physically demanding. This individual will be lifting, carrying and delivering donations, furniture and equipment, and will spend most of their time sitting in the truck. This individual will be expected to clean and maintain equipment and truck/vehicles, and will move throughout the community. This individual will come in contact with different kinds of traffic and must take precautions to ensure the safety of themselves and occupants of the truck.
(Conditions that may lead to mental or emotional fatigue) Driving can be stressful. The individual must ensure safety and appropriate driving. At times there will be a number of situations happening at once, and this individual must be prepared to handle accidents and emergencies at any time.
On-Call/Temporary/Seasonal; no set amount of weekly hours; fill in for full/part-time drivers when on paid time off and/or short staffed
Distribution Center Supervisor
Responsibilities & Duties
Client & Donor Services (85%)
- Receive daily schedule of vendor and donation pick-ups from Donation Center Supervisor and then pick-up and unload items
- Interact with donors, churches, and agencies in ways to reflect our program and Christian values in a positive light
- Deliver donations to other agencies, churches, other GRM centers, or guest(s) as needed
- Receipt donors and turn in receipts or other reports and paperwork in an accurate and timely fashion
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds
- Oversee and train MC Shelter Guest(s) volunteers on truck duties
- Report all vehicle issues and concerns to Donation Center Supervisor and be available for necessary response, i.e. take to automotive shop, etc.
- Provide routine maintenance and assure cleaning of all GRM vehicles as deemed necessary by Donation Center Supervisor
- Receive and make donor & vendor phone calls as necessary
- Assist with the pick up and delivery inner-center mail to appropriate locations as needed
- Maintain GRM Donation cell phone in good working order
- Go on runs to the Dump as deemed necessary or scheduled by Donation Center Supervisor
- Attend professional training and networking opportunities as directed
- Attend staff meetings or other meetings as directed
- Other duties as assigned
Gospel Rescue Mission is a 501 (c) (3) not-for-profit religious organization that provides social service programs to the homeless and working poor populations. Everything we do in this ministry should be centered in the will of God and in honoring the name of Jesus Christ.
Employees of Gospel Rescue Mission Choose To Participate in our Grace Based Environment by:
- Role modeling Christ-like attributes and values through our personal actions, words, and attitudes.
- Maintaining a safe, transparent, and healing environment that is based on Grace, Truth, and Love, and encourages trust and authenticity without fear.
- Embracing the accountability process, that leads to self-evaluation personally and for guests and students.
- Teaching and mentoring students and guests in every opportunity by using Biblical precepts.
- Building healthy, loving, and compassionate relationships with guests, students, and staff while establishing healthy and safe boundaries.
- Maintaining a personal lifestyle of integrity, honesty, and responsibility.
- Praying with guests, students, and staff.
- Agreeing in principle and in practice with the statements of Vision, Mission and Values of the Gospel Rescue Mission of Tucson.
It is the policy of Gospel Rescue Mission to complete a background check, drug test and motor vehicle authorization on applicants in the conditional offer stage.