Required: minimum high school diploma or GED; minimum 3 years of experience in customer services, personal services, client advocacy, social work or related field. Knowledge of local resources a plus. Proficient interviewing, multitasking, prioritizing, organizational and leadership skills; proficient computer skills and ability to follow instructions. Proficient Microsoft Word and Excel experience. Bilingual/Spanish a plus. Awareness of homelessness, substance abuse use disorders and/or mental health issues a plus. Must be an evangelical Christian who lives a life dedicated to Christ so you can be an instrument of God’s hope, love and forgiveness to the guests we serve.
(This individual will be lifting and carrying bags and equipment, and will spend time sitting at a desk or walking, lifting and pushing. This individual will be expected to clean and workstations and facility, and will move throughout the center with guests. Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
The population we serve are typically in crisis. This can cause emotional stress and compassion fatigue. GRM highly promotes employee self-care.
Full-time non-exempt 40 hours per week; eligible for benefits; eligible for paid time off
*Anticipate Flexible Schedules
Responsibilities & Duties
Guests Advocate Services (85%)
Under the management of the Shelter Program Coordinator, our Shelter Guests Advocate Team supports our guests by walking them through the process of homelessness to self-sufficiency. This includes providing information, resources, answering questions and responding to requests, to help ensure 7day to 90 day shelter guests needs are being met according to the shelter program services offered at Gospel Rescue Mission.
Maintain professional boundaries including guest confidentiality, obtaining signed Release of Information when required
- Advocate and collaborate with outside agencies (such as DES, DCS, Adult Probation Department, Mental Health Providers, etc.) as needed for guests’ care
- Pray with, advise and direct the efforts of guests relating to spiritual, personal, and program needs.
- Assess guests need for physical, and emotional intervention, providing support as appropriate
- Assess and develop a case plan with guests using the standard Case Management Checklist, addressing documents needed, medical issues, family issues, legal issues, educational needs, vocational preparation, and housing when needed
- Lead guests into Grace Based accountability process
- Support guest success in class attendance, chore assignments and medication compliance
- Monitor guest progress to assure case plan goals and objectives are met
- Document guest’s progress by entering case notes and any other documentation necessary into computer and place copy of documentation into hard copy file in a timely manner, maintaining the integrity of files
- Approve guest passes as appropriate and track adherence to policies
- Provide crisis intervention and conflict resolution as needed
- Assist in developing financial plan using financial worksheet packet, including identifying income source, budget assistance and savings
- Direct guests needing legal assistance to the Christian Legal Society volunteers
- Assist guests with transportation needs
- Provide written correspondence as needed to be sent after review by supervisor
- Participate in group outings and other special events
- Assist with breathalyzer and UA’s as needed
- Assist with medication process as necessary
- Compile reports and records as needed
- Provide weekly reports as directed
- Check and respond in a timely manner to voice mail and email
- Attend student review meeting, student team meetings, community meetings, staff devotions or other meetings as directed
- Cover case management and staff absences as requested by supervisor
- Teach classes as requested
- Attend professional training and networking opportunities as directed
- Assist and support assigned volunteers
- Other duties as assigned
Gospel Rescue Mission is a 501 (c) (3) not-for-profit religious organization that provides social service programs to the homeless and working poor populations. Everything we do in this ministry should be centered in the will of God and in honoring the name of Jesus Christ.
Employees of Gospel Rescue Mission Choose To Participate in our Grace Based Environment by:
- Role modeling Christ-like attributes and values through our personal actions, words, and attitudes.
- Maintaining a safe, transparent, and healing environment that is based on Grace, Truth, and Love, and encourages trust and authenticity without fear.
- Embracing the accountability process, that leads to self-evaluation personally and for guests and students.
- Teaching and mentoring students and guests in every opportunity by using Biblical precepts.
- Building healthy, loving, and compassionate relationships with guests, students, and staff while establishing healthy and safe boundaries.
- Maintaining a personal lifestyle of integrity, honesty, and responsibility.
- Praying with guests, students, and staff.
- Agreeing in principle and in practice with the statements of Vision, Mission and Values of the Gospel Rescue Mission of Tucson.
It is the policy of Gospel Rescue Mission to complete a background check, drug test and motor vehicle authorization on applicants in the conditional offer stage.