Where do my donated goods go?
All donations of clothing, electronics, household items, furniture and working appliances are given freely to those in need.
- We give low income Tucson-area residents clothing, emergency food boxes, furniture, appliances and household items through our Family Services Office.
- We give our shelter guests a fresh start by providing them with furniture and household items, as they graduate our Recovery and Restoration Programs and move into housing in the community.
- We partner with over 40 social service organizations, ministries, and churches who are also helping those in need in the Tucson-area communities. We give them surplus items or they send their clients, congregants, or neighbors in need to us.
- We furnish our shelters and offices so that the majority of the monetary donations can go to the services provided to those in need instead of furnishings.
What can i donate?
- Gently used clothing, safe and useable furniture, working* appliances and electronics (please no old box-style TVs)
- Yard and garage items
- Cars, trucks, and other vehicles
- Non-perishable food items such as:
- Canned Meats
- Canned Veggies
- Canned Fruit
- Canned Tomatoes and Sauce
- Canned Soup
- Hot and Cold Cereal
- Canned Meats
*Note on Non-working items:
Please, do not donate non-working items or old box-style TV’s. These items are an added expense that GRM incurs when they are donated in a non-working condition. (For example: It costs Gospel Rescue Mission $10 for each non-working donated TV to be disposed of.)
For any questions about donations or to schedule a pick-up, please contact our Donation Center Supervisor Gary Williams (520) 740-1501 x 7020.